Monday, March 9, 2009

Bye Bye Bottles

We OFFICIALLY said ‘Bye Bye’ to the bottle last night. I have been meaning to end this habit for over a month now but with all of our travel and then all of us being so, so sick* I kept putting it off. Finally, last night I was feeling well enough to take the plunge. I got a burst of energy and cleaned as much of the house as possible in order to “Get the sickness OUT”…I sanitized all of the bottles, packed them up, and we all said goodbye. We explained to William that we will see the bottles again some day with another child but that he is too big of a boy for them. William shook his head in agreement and that was that. I was a little nervous about his a.m. bottle but this morning he took his milk from a big boy cup without hesitation. Another milestone passed --- I am constantly amazed that he is growing so fast. He is such a boy now…

*we have all been down in the past 2 ½ weeks with sinus infections, ear infections, and bronchitis!


Posted via email from William's World

1 comment:

Mama Parker said...

It's funny how we parents sometimes make a bigger deal about change than our kiddos do. I'm so glad we have adaptable kids!